The museum has its history since 1970, when in the agricultural laboratory of the state farm named after S. Perovskaya (in Lyubimovka) opened a museum room. In 1982-1983, the restoration of the house of the Perovsky family was carried out and an exposition was created. The collection collected during this time includes 2238 museum objects, 720 of which are of particular value.
The first hall, in the windows of which antique ceramics and household items are exhibited, gives an idea of the development of agriculture, fishing and crafts in the vast choir of Chersonesos. The diorama of an antique farmstead introduces the agro-technical facilities used in the cultivation of grapes. The layout of the estates is almost the same: residential and farm buildings are located around the perimeter, and in the center was a courtyard. The following sections of the exhibition take us to 1872, when the mother of S. Perovskoy Varvara Stepanovna acquires the estate "Primorskoe" and begins to build a house. The memorial room contains mahogany furniture, authentic family photographs, household items, and the Perovsky collection is kept in antique wardrobes. The famous revolutionary Sofia Perovskaya repeatedly visited the estate. The pages of her biography and the history of peasant unrest and the workers' revolutionary movement of the last third of the XIX century are presented in the hall of the People’s Volunteers.
In 1890, the estate was bought by a merchant of southern coastal wines, a business manager-winemaker F.O. Shtal. He launched a large economic activity, built an extensive wine cellar. surviving to this day, organized brick and tile production. The exposition dedicated to F. O. Stahl, reveals his entrepreneurial beginnings, talks about the beginning of industrial winemaking and the emergence of the Alkadar winery, from which the Reikartz Winery (in the past CJSC named after S. Perovskaya) is reckoned. A separate section of the museum is dedicated to the heroic events of World War II. An extensive set of materials tells the story of the development of the economy. In the days of Ukraine, ZAO them. S. Perovskaya supplied her wine materials to the leading plants: Stolichny, Novy Svet, Artyomovsky, Inkerman. The showcases showcase product samples awarded honored at international competitions and tastings.
The most comfortable hall of the museum is the living room, in which stands a piano belonging to the Perovsky family, which is more than 150 years old. It regularly hosts poetic, musical and creative evenings.
Photo and description
Among the most interesting sights of the Crimean peninsula can be called the house-museum of the Perovsky family, as well as the winery, of which it is actually a part.
The house was built by Varvara Stepanovna Perovskaya, whose father-in-law was the governor of the Tauride province Nikolai Ivanovich Perovsky. V.S. Perovskaya owned the Primorskoe estate, on the territory of which the house was built.
The museum has eight halls. The expositions located in them, as well as these halls themselves, are an embodied history of the estate, which gradually opens to the visitor. Here is a huge number of genuine, unique exhibits: it is not in vain that the museum has been awarded high marks by Ukrainian and Russian specialists.
The museum houses family relics of the Perovsky family, old photographs, and many different historical documents. A separate room is dedicated to the history of wine industry, its development. The museum exhibits awards, which were repeatedly awarded to local winemakers who took part in competitions of both the all-Russian and international scale. Here are the famous wines that have glorified the winery not only throughout the country, but also abroad.
The museum provides guided tours. The guide tells visitors in detail about the Perovsky family, and about the winemaking of the Crimean peninsula as a whole. It should be noted that a separate exposition of the museum is dedicated to the famous wine merchant - this is Fedor Stahl, who successfully traded south-coast wines.
There is also a memorial room in the house-museum: it commemorates those who died during the Great Patriotic War.
Monument to the Scuttled Ships
- Address: Opposite Primorsky Boulevard, 23 meters from the promenade.
The history of the city is inextricably linked with the history of the Russian Black Sea Fleet, one of the most tragic pages of which is dedicated to the monument depicted on the coat of arms of Sevastopol. In the fall of 1854, a powerful Anglo-French-Turkish squadron with an almost 150,000th army on board was preparing to enter the bay and land an assault. The Russian sailing fleet could not resist the sea ships of the Allies at sea. The illustrious Admiral Nakhimov was forced to make an extremely difficult decision about the flooding of warships at the entrance to the bay. On the occasion of the 50th anniversary of this event, a 16.7-meter-high monument appeared on an artificial rock opposite Seaside Boulevard. A 7-meter dolomite column is installed on the octagonal pedestal, the capital of which is crowned by a bronze double-headed eagle holding a laurel wreath and an anchor in its beaks.
- Address: Nakhimov Square, 4. Stop transport "Nakhimov Square."
Modern Sevastopol began, in fact, with a fortress and a pier for warships, built in 1783. It was on the site of the latter in the second third of the XIX century. It was decided to erect an architectural structure, which later became the main naval gate of the city. A magnificent staircase of four wide marches, framed by stone parapets, adorned with beautiful sculptures of lions, leads to a twin graceful colonnade from the pier. Memorial plates on the walls of the pier tell of significant events in the history of the Black Sea Fleet.
- Schedule: daily, from 9:00 to 17:00.
- Ticket price: from 100 r. up to 300 p.
- Phone: +7 869 292-23-82.
- Website: http://www.chersonesos-sev.ru
- Address: st. Ancient, 1. Stop of transport "Tauric Chersonesos".
Having made a three-kilometer journey from the center of Sevastopol, you will find yourself among the ruins of the ancient city of Khersones, founded by Greek colonists in the 5th century. BC e., existed for almost 2 thousand years and destroyed by the steppe nomads. During the tour, tourists will see the ruins of once magnificent temples, an amphitheater, houses of citizens and other buildings. The archaeologist was able to partially restore several remarkable colonnades. Be sure to visit the Misty Bell, installed near the Agora. It is cast from cannons removed from captured Turkish ships in 1778.
- Address: Embankment in the area of Sevastopol Bay. Bus stop "Nakhimov Square".
The magnificent boulevard, which is now a favorite vacation spot for city dwellers and numerous visitors to the city, appeared on the site of the Nikolskaya Battery destroyed during the Crimean War in 1855. Then a wonderful pavement was laid here, along which many trees and shrubs were planted, a little later magnificent flower beds appeared. After some time, the recreation was replenished with the building of the theater and biological station. In the evenings on the boulevard the music of the naval orchestra was heard. For a long time, the entrance here was closed to sailors and lower naval ranks. There are several historical and architectural monuments in the boulevard area.
- Address: st. Heroes of Sevastopol. Stop of transport "Malakhov Kurgan".
The name of the hill on the Ship side of the city, inscribed in gold letters in the annals of Russian military glory. The possession of the mound allowed to obtain strategic superiority, which gives the keys to the capture of Sevastopol. Therefore, it was here that the most bloody battles took place during the First and Second defenses of the city. During the tour, tourists visit the defensive tower, in front of which the Eternal Flame burns, the places of deployment of batteries that defended the city in the Crimean and World War II. As before, artillery guns were installed here. Be sure to stroll through the magnificent park and enjoy the panoramic views from the observation platforms.
The building of the theater of the Black Sea Fleet
- Address: Ushakova Square, 1. Bus stop "Ushakova Square".
Sevastopol acquired one of the most picturesque architectural sights in 1954. Then there was a need to build a new building for the Sailor's Club, where sailors could have a cultural rest in between trips. As a result, an elegant building appeared on Ushakov Square, looking more like a palace. The three-story building has a bar terrace with a delightful colonnade. The elegant tower of six floors, crowned with a long spire, has four large dials. Each time their hands count down the next hour, a refrain from the song “Legendary Sevastopol”, considered the city’s anthem, sounds above the square.
Monument to P.S. Nakhimov
- Address: Nakhimov Square. Bus stop "Nakhimov Square".
Monument to the famous naval commander, worthy successor of the glorious deeds of the great Russian admirals F.F. Ushakova and M.P. Lazarev, the creators of the Russian Black Sea Fleet, was erected in 1898. At its grand opening, dedicated to the 45th anniversary of the defeat of the Turkish fleet at Sinope, Emperor Nicholas II was personally present. During the years of revolutionary nihilism, the bronze sculpture was removed from the pedestal and melted down. However, in 1959, the monument was exactly restored. The figure of Pavel Stepanovich, who gave his life for Sevastopol, rises 13.5 m. He is depicted dressed in an admiral's overcoat. In one hand, Ushakov holds a telescope, and the other rests on the broadsword handle. The granite pedestal is decorated with high reliefs dedicated to the Sinop battle and the defense of the city in the Crimean War.
Tower of the Winds
- Address: st. Frunze, 5. Stop transport "Lazarev Square."
The unique architectural structure, built closer to the end of the XIX century, was intended to serve quite prosaic purposes - to promote air circulation in the premises of the Marine Library. However, its creators showed outstanding talent. The octagonal turret in the antique style with an arched rotunda of the second tier has become one of the architectural highlights of Sevastopol. Ironically, she survived the building, of which she was part of the ventilation system. In 1955, the library was destroyed by fire, and an elegant structure with luxurious mythological bas-reliefs still adorns the city.
- Address: st. Chelyuskintsev. Bus stop "Boarding".
As you know, His Grace Prince G.A. Potemkin was distinguished by a sophisticated mind and was ready to do anything in order to earn the empress’s favor. Therefore, for the trip of Catherine II to the Crimea, special milestones were installed along the entire route of the motorcade, and every ten miles there were also small monuments - miles. Several original monuments have been preserved on the peninsula to this day. The Sevastopol Mile is a small column of limestone, taking the form of a hexagon in the central part and ending with a graceful cone.
Monument to Kornilov V.A.
- Address: Malakhov Kurgan. Stop of transport "Malakhov Kurgan".
Monument to another hero of the Crimean War - Vice Admiral V.A. Kornilov, who led the First Defense of Sevastopol until his last breath, was opened in 1895. The Great Patriotic War did not spare the monument, but it was restored by the 200th anniversary of the city in 1983 according to the layout preserved in the archives of the Maritime Museum of St. Petersburg. On a pedestal made of diorite, a pedestal is installed, depicting a fragment of a fortified wall broken by cores. A sculpture of the already mortally wounded Kornilov is placed on it. Vice Admiral hardly lifts himself up on his arm and casts a last look at the sailors and soldiers defending the city. To the left of the pedestal is the sailor Peter Koshka, loading the gun.
Vladimir tomb cathedral
- Schedule: daily, from 10:00 to 18:00.
- Phone: +7 869 254-35-31.
- Address: st. Suvorov, 3. Stop transport "Lazarev Square."
The magnificent cathedral, considered one of the most beautiful temples in Crimea, is especially revered by the inhabitants of the city. The remains of brilliant naval officers rested in his crypts, leaving a noticeable mark on the history of the Black Sea Fleet, including admirals P. Nakhimov, V. Istomin, V. Kornilov, M. Lazarev. The one-domed church, the dome cross of which rises 32.5 m., Consecrated in 1888, survived a lot. In 1931 he was transferred to the local Osoaviahim. The tombs were opened and desecrated. During the war, the cathedral was badly damaged by bombing and was in a deplorable state until the large-scale restoration carried out at the end of the last century. Then the destroyed crypts were investigated. The found remains of the heroes were solemnly reburied.
- Schedule: daily, from 7:00 to 19:00.
- Phone: +7 869 254-54-84.
- Website: http://www.sevpokrov.ru
- Address: st. Bolshaya Morskaya, 36. Stop of the transport “Cinema Pobeda”.
The temple, whose construction, which lasted 13 years, was completed in 1905, is striking in its original architecture. With its outlines, it resembles an ancient basilica. The main vault and small twelve-sided domes around it are crowned with elegant gilded onions on elegant drums. The pediments and openings of the high arched windows amaze with the grace of stone carving. The facade of the building is decorated with stucco, mosaic icons of stunning beauty. The main relics of the cathedral are particles of the relics of the recently canonized Admiral F. Ushakov and St. Luke of Tauride.
Peter and Paul Cathedral
- Schedule: Tuesday-Thursday, from 14:00 to 20:00. The rest of the week from 14:00 to 20:00.
- Address: st. Lunacharsky, 37. Stop of transport "Lenin Street".
The Orthodox Cathedral, which was built 4 years and consecrated in 1844, is not only a religious value, but also one of the pearls of Sevastopol architecture. An excellent building erected according to the canons of ancient architecture, with a portico decorated with bas-reliefs and an elegant colonnade around the perimeter, it looks simply magnificent. During the First and Second defenses of the city, the temple was severely destroyed, but each time it was restored to its original form. During the years of Soviet power, it housed the archive first, and then the House of Culture. The Orthodox Church Cathedral was returned in 2006.
Church of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker
- Schedule: daily from 7:00 to 18:00.
- Address: Brotherly cemetery. Stop of transport "gas station".
A unique temple monument is located at the Brotherly Memorial Cemetery of Sevastopol. It was built at the end of the last century on the site of a church consecrated in 1870 and destroyed during the Great Patriotic War. The architectural masterpiece, the author of the project, A. Avdeev, was awarded the title of academician for his creation, has the shape of a pyramid crowned with a massive cross weighing 16 tons. On its outer walls there are commemorative plaques with the names of military units that defended the city in the Crimean War. Black marble slabs containing the names of admirals, generals and officers who sacrificed their lives for Sevastopol in 1854-55 are walled into the internal walls.
- Schedule: daily, from 8:00 to 18:00.
- Phone: +7 978 719-22-35.
- Website: http://www.kliment-monastery.ru
- Address: Simferopol highway, 17. Stop of transport "Hospital".
The oldest complex of cave temples, carved directly into the rock near Inkerman, which is now part of Sevastopol, is considered one of the main attractions of Crimea. Scientists diverge significantly in determining the time of its creation, naming dates in the range from VIII to XVI century. But it is known for certain that he became Orthodox in 1850. Then cave temples were re-planned and consecrated, in which the brethren began to inhabit cells. The main relic of the monastery are particles of the relics of St. Clement.
Panorama "Defense of Sevastopol"
- Schedule: Wednesday and Friday from 10:00 to 20:00, the rest of the week from 10:00 to 18:00.
- Ticket price: adult 300 p., Student 200 p., Children's 150 p.
- Phone: +7 869 254-43-78.
- Website: http://www.sevmuseum.ru/objects/historical- boulevard/panorama
- Address: Historical Boulevard, 1. Bus stop "Ushakova Square".
Among the many attractions of Sevastopol associated with the Crimean War, the most striking aesthetic impression leaves the creation of F.A. Roubaud. The famous panorama was opened in 1905 on a hill, where 50 years before that the defenders of the IV bastion repulsed the attacks of the Anglo-French troops. The inner walls of an elegant round building with a rotunda on the second tier are occupied by a huge picture 14 meters wide and 115 meters long, depicting an episode of the city’s heroic defense on June 6, 1855. The painting is striking in its accuracy of drawing the smallest details.
Diorama “Assault on the Sapun Mountains”
- Schedule: daily, from 10:00 to 18:00.
- Ticket price: adult 250 rubles, student 200 rubles, children 150 rubles.
- Phone: +7 869 263-10-70.
- Website: http://www.sevmuseum.ru/objects/sapun-gora/diorama
- Address: st. 2nd defense. Stop transport "Sapun-Gora".
Another heroic event in the glorious history of Sevastopol - the assault on the perfectly fortified defensive positions of the Nazis on Sapun-Gore, is dedicated to the world's largest painting of battle themes. A 83 m² high painting, placed on a wall in a semicircle, is the dominant diorama. The space with a width of 8 m. Between it and the observation deck, takes an objective plan, which is a reconstruction of the battlefield. The impression of the composition is enhanced by lighting effects that simulate smoke from bursting shells.
Sevastopol Art Museum
- Schedule: daily, except Tuesday, from 11:00 to 18:00.
- Ticket price: adult 120 p., Preferential 60 p., Student 25 p.
- Phone: +7 869 254-03-67.
- Website: http://www.sevartmuseum.info
- Address: Prospect Nakhimova, 9. Stop of transport "Lazarev Square".
The museum, dating back to 1925, is now housed in a unique, carefully restored historic mansion with a lush facade, erected at the end of the 19th century. for the merchant S. Gavalov. The gallery has an extensive collection of paintings, sculptures, drawings, decorative and applied arts, including more than 10 thousand exhibits. The collection of paintings by Western European artists presents the works of L. Giordano, G. Robert, F. Sneijders, D. Teneris. Connoisseurs of Russian art will be pleased with paintings by I. Aivazovsky, K. Korovin, I. Levitan, V. Makovsky, I. Repin. Be sure to visit the exhibition of German porcelain and European bronze sculpture.
Museum of the Black Sea Fleet
- Schedule: from Wednesday to Sunday inclusive, from 10:00 to 17:00.
- Ticket price:
- Phone: +7 692 254-03-92.
- Address: st. Lenin, 11. Stop transport "House of fleet officers."
Established in 1869, the museum is housed in an incredibly elegant historic mansion, the facade of which is decorated with slender columns, bas-reliefs, guns and anchors. Its expositions tell about the glorious history of the Russian Black Sea Fleet from the moment of its foundation to the present day. In the spacious, colorfully decorated rooms, more than 30 thousand exhibits are exhibited. Among them is the Osman Pasha broadsword handed to Admiral P. Nakhimov after the defeat of the Turkish fleet in Sinop Bay. During the tour, tourists will see samples of cold steel and firearms, a collection of medals and orders, personal items of V. Kornilov, P. Lazarev, as well as admire the marinas of I. Aivazovsky, the battle canvases of F. Roubaud.
- Schedule: daily, from 10:00 to 19:00.
- Ticket price: adult 500 rubles, children 300 rubles, children under 6 years old are admitted free of charge.
- Phone: +7 869 254-38-92.
- Website: http://www.sevaquarium.ru
- Address: Nakhimov Avenue, 2. Stop of the transport “Nakhimov Square”.
A visit to the wonderful aquarium-museum, established in 1897 and for a long time remained the only one in the Russian Empire, will bring a lot of pleasure to adults and young visitors. First, tourists will be able to get acquainted with the flora and fauna of coral reefs, then inspect 12 large aquariums with tropical and Black Sea fish. A separate room is allocated for reptiles and amphibians, among which it is worth highlighting a unique eyeglass caiman. The exposition is completed by aquariums with dangerous inhabitants of the deep sea - electric eels, stingrays, pelagic sharks, puffer fish and other creatures, the meeting with which does not bode well. A huge number of bright emotions from the tour is guaranteed.
In order to see all the sights of Sevastopol, one short-term vacation will be clearly not enough. The blooming and incredibly beautiful city will charm you so much that you will come here again and again.
On the territory of the agricultural enterprise "Manor of Perovskikh" is a house-museum of the eminent kind of Perovskih, founders and first owners of this winery. Representatives of this family were well known in Russia, but the greatest, although very specific glory of the surname was brought by Sofia Perovskaya, a revolutionary who led the last, fatal assassination attempt on Emperor Alexander II and the first woman executed in a political case in the country. Eight halls of the museum keep the history of the house and tell about the life of its owners. During an hour-long excursion, visitors get acquainted with the history of the Perovsky family, the history of the enterprise, the development of viticulture and winemaking in our region, dating back to ancient times.
There are several options for visiting the estate “Perovskih Estate”: only a tour of the house-museum or a tour of the estate, complemented by inspection of the wine cellars and shops of the plant, which were built in 1890. The tour is conducted by a winemaker who will explain all the subtleties of production. It is recommended to visit a tasting room where you can taste the best local wines, listen to a fascinating story about winemaking, the culture of drinking, get to know legends and learn new toasts. Excursions, taking into account the wishes of guests, are held year-round upon prior request and arrangement.
Winery in these places was founded in 1834 by Nikolai Perovsky, governor of the Tauride province, a descendant of Count A.K. Razumovsky. He was an enthusiastic and active person: twelve years after the first vineyards were planted, his products received excellent reviews at the All-Russian Exhibition in Abrau-Durso. Since then, the tradition of winemaking has not been interrupted. After the Perovskys sold their estate, the new owner - entrepreneur Fedor Stahl - continued their business. In 1900, at the World Exhibition in Paris, wines from the estate of Fedor Stahl were awarded the highest awards, which were written in the newspapers of that time. After that, they began to get to the Imperial table. In 1920, a state farm plant was created on the basis of the estate. Now the enterprise where grapes are grown and excellent wines are produced is called “Perovskiy Manor” in memory of the founders.
Working hours: the museum and the tasting room of the plant are open only during excursions, which need to be confirmed by phone.