Moscow Sovremennik Theater is located in the Basmanny district of Moscow. Until 1974, the theater was located on Mayakovsky Square in the former building of the Moscow Estrada Theater, which at one time had the Alcazar restaurant. Later, the building was demolished and now there is a parking lot at this place.
Today the Sovremennik Theater is located on Chistoprudny Boulevard. The building was built at the beginning of the XIX century with the participation of architect Klein. Before the theater moved here, it was the Colosseum cinema.
In 2003, the Boulevard Ring cultural complex of eight floors was added. On the first floors of the annex, “Another Scene” was created, with two hundred seats. The designer of the interior and exterior of the “Other Scene” was artist Borovsky.
The initiators of the creation of the Sovremennik Theater were young actors. The group became the first to position itself as an art group and defend its creative interests after the death of Stalin, during the so-called thaw (1956).
The first members of the theater troupe were Oleg Efremov, Igor Kvasha, Galina Volchek, Evgeny Evstigneev, Victor Sergachev and others. The first performance, which was shown to the audience on April 15, 1956, was called "Eternally Alive." This day was considered the birthday of the Sovremennik Theater. Later, on the basis of the performance, the film “Cranes Are Flying” was shot, which received a prize at the Kansky Film Festival.
The Moscow State Variety Theater was opened in June 1954 by a group of leading artists of the Moscow stage, headed by N.P. Smirnov-Sokolsky - People's Artist of the RSFSR. In the winter of 1961, he cut the red ribbon for the second time when the theater moved to a new place near Bersenevskaya embankment, where he still works today. The Estrada Theater is constantly in creative search, more and more new concerts and performances, anniversary programs and creative evenings of artists of various genres began to appear on its stage.
The theater has been engaged in charitable activities for many years - it has been organizing holidays and concerts for participants and witnesses of the Great Patriotic War, pensioners and disabled people, as well as children from orphanages and boarding schools. He met his 50th anniversary season in a beautifully renovated interior - the wardrobe and foyer were refitted, a small theater cafe was created and chairs in the auditorium were replaced (for the first time in 20 years). Today, the theater can be proud of modern lighting equipment, a video system and sound.
Museum-Theater "Ice Age"
The Ice Age Museum, created by F.K.Shidlovsky in 2004, is positioned as a scientific and exhibition center, the exhibits of which clearly demonstrate what the animal world of the distant ice age looked like. Paleontologists are given the opportunity to study these rare exhibits.
The main part of the exhibition will tell you about the life of humans and animals of that distant era in the harsh conditions of the North-East of Russia.
The exposition opens with a hall where “contemporaries of the mammoth” are represented. Visitors can see rare collections: the skulls and skeletons of a primitive bison, the skeleton of a fossil wolf, the horn and skulls of a woolly rhinoceros, the skeletons of a cave bear, the unique skull of a cave lion, as well as the mummified remains of soft tissues of animals from that far time. In the central hall, the symbol of the ice age - the mammoth - will be presented to your attention. A group of mammoths on a rotating pedestal is the main attraction of the museum. Additional sharpness to your sensations will be given by additional light and sound accompaniment. The exposition ends with a hall where works of ancient and modern art of bone carving are presented.
The uniqueness of the museum lies in the fact that you can touch all the real exhibits with your hands. Experienced guides will answer all your questions.
Metro station "Teatralnaya"
The Moscow metro station "Teatralnaya" is located in the Tverskoy district, under the Teatralnaya square. The station is an object of cultural heritage.
The station is a deep-laid pylon station (35 meters) with three arches. The station includes three parallel tunnels, the cross section of which is 9.5 meters. The width of one platform is 22.5 meters, the length is 155 meters, the height of the arch is 5.3 meters.
In its design, the station resembles a theater hall, the columns are backstage, the space between them is a curtain. The arch of the central hall is decorated with figures about a meter high, depicting women and men in national costumes who play musical instruments. A total of 7 nations are represented. The sculptures alternate with fruit wreaths. The entire station is finished in white. On the arches hang crystal lamps in a bronze frame.
From the two vestibules you can go to Nikolskaya Street, Manezhnaya Square, Teatralny Proezd and Okhotny Ryad.
Theater "Russia" is an architectural monument and at the same time this is the most spacious theater in the capital, built in 1961. Today it is the Pushkinsky Cinema, one of the largest cinemas in the city.
The 2.056-seat movie theater is located on Pushkinskaya Square in the very center of Moscow. Today it is the largest cinema in all of Europe, and in the past - the central cinema site of the Soviet Union.
The building was designed by an architectural group led by Yuri Sheverdyaev. The history of the cinema was opened by the famous film of Georgy Danelia “I am walking in Moscow”. Since then, "Pushkinsky" has become the favorite cinema of Muscovites and guests as the capital, as well as a venue for the Moscow International Film Festival. To this day, it is one of the largest premiere cinemas in Europe.
Moscow State Theater "Lenkom"
The building, which currently houses the theater, was built in 1907-1909 for the Moscow Merchant Club by architect I.A. Ivanov-Shits. In October 1917, the building housed the Anarchy House political club, and after it was dispersed it housed Central School of Party and Soviet Work. In 1919, the Communist University named after Y. M. Sverdlov was opened in the building, where he delivered several speeches by V. I. Lenin. In 1923, the Malaya Dmitrovka cinema was opened in the building. In 1927 here under the patronage of the Komsomol organization would The Working Youth Theater (abbreviated “Tram”) was opened. Then on February 20, 1938 the collective was renamed the Leninsky Komsomol Theater. Since 1990, the theater has its current name “Lenkom.” Theater address: 6. Malaya Dmitrovka Street, Metro Chekhov’s or Pushkinskaya’s.
The construction of the Maly Theater building was begun in 1821 by the merchant V.V. Vargin. The theater opened on September 14, 1924.
During World War II, the theater was also given the building on Bolshaya Ordynka 69 (where the Struysky Theater used to be, and then the Zamoskvoretsky Theater). The first performance was "Engineer Sergeev" by Vsevolod Rokka.
The modern generation of artists and directors of the Maly Theater is committed to its rich traditions and draws on the experience of its predecessors. Today, as before, plays by Chekhov, Tolstoy, Ostrovsky are staged. In each season, Maly releases 4-5 new performances and removes any of the old names from his repertoire. The troupe of the theater is actively touring.
The Maly Theater is the initiator and organizer of the festival "Ostrovsky in the house of Ostrovsky", focused on supporting the Russian theater province.
Theater named after Vakhtangov
Theater named after Vakhtangov - one of the famous Moscow theaters, which is located in the historic city center, on Old Arbat.
The theater began in 1913, when Yevgeny Bagrationovich Vakhtangov headed the Student Drama Studio. November 13, 1921 is considered the birthday of the theater. On this day, the premiere of the play "The Miracle of St. Anthony."
The large auditorium of the theater seats a little over a thousand spectators. The theater also has a small stage.
A museum was opened at the theater in 1931, where the theater archive is stored, containing all the documents for the performances. The museum prepares and publishes books on the history of the theater.
Musical Theater "New Opera"
The artistic credo of the theater can be defined as inspired creative search and bold innovation. The repertoire of the theater includes numerous masterpieces of opera classics, such as “Prince Igor” by A. P. Borodin, “The Tsar’s Bride” and “The Snow Maiden” by N. A. Rimsky-Korsakov, “The Magic Flute” by V. A. Mozart, “Norma” V Bellini, The Barber of Seville and Cinderella by J. Rossini, Nabucco, Rigoletto and La Traviata by J. Verdi, Lohengrin by R. Wagner and other plays based on the original musical editions of E.V. Kolobova (“Oh Mozart! Mozart ...”, “Ruslan and Lyudmila” by M. I. Glinka, “La Traviata” by J. Verdi, “Eugene Onegin” by P. I. Tchaikovsky).
The theater owns the first productions of operas in Russia: “Maria Stuart” by G. Donizetti, “Valley” by A. Catalani, “Two Foscari” by J. Verdi, “Boris Godunov” by M. P. Mussorgsky (in the first author's edition), “Hamlet” A. Thoma, "Capriccio" by R. Strauss. New theater genres have also been created: a peculiar creative portrait of famous composers and musicians (Maria Callas, Viva Verdi!, Viva Puccini!, Vincenzo Bellini, Richard Wagner, Rossini), theatrical performance (“ Bravissimo! ”,“ All this is opera! ”). In total, the repertoire of the Novaya Opera Theater has more than 70 works of opera and concert genres. Every year in January, the theater holds the International Festival "Epiphany Week at the New Opera", in which outstanding masters of musical culture participate.
The building of the Moscow Drama Theater named after M. N. Ermolova
Since 1937, the Moscow Drama Theater named after M.N. Yermolova has been located in an old building, the facade of which is one of the largest mansions on Tverskaya Street, built in the 1830s. Once it was the Musin-Pushkin palace.
This is one of the few surviving buildings on Tverskaya Street, which was rebuilt from the family palace for the Postnikova store and passage. Perestroika was completed in the neoclassical style, designed by architect S.S. Eybushitts.
Part of the premises of the passage was occupied by a hotel of the same name and furnished Brussels rooms. In another part of the building was a shopping center.
Today the building is an elegant two-story palace, the facade of which is decorated with sculptures of Atlanteans.
The Bolshoi Petrovsky Theater, designed by H. Rozberg, received the first spectators on December 30, 1780. The first performances played on the stage of the Bolshoi were the allegorical prologue of The Wanderers and the pantomime ballet The Magic School.
The theater building was destroyed several times by fire. During the reconstruction of 1853-1856, a white-stone portico with eight columns and a bronze quadriga by sculptor Peter Klodt appeared, which became the hallmark of the Bolshoi. The renovated Bolshoi Theater opened its doors to spectators on August 20, 1856, and since then the building has remained as it is now.
For all time, over 800 works have been staged on its stage - from the first Russian operas to the works of such Russian and world colossi as Verdi, Wagner, Rachmaninov, Prokofiev. Opera and ballet performances based on the works of Tchaikovsky played a particularly prominent role in the history of the Bolshoi Theater. The name of the Bolshoi is associated with the names of such lights of Russian and world culture as Rubinstein, Rachmaninov, Chaliapin, Ulanova, Plisetskaya and many others.
The Bolshoi Theater remains the main stage of Russia and one of the greatest theater venues in the world. Its repertoire is represented by the masterpieces of world classics performed by the brilliant stars of Russian opera and ballet.
Photo and description
The Estrada Theater opened in June 1954 in the building where the Alcazar restaurant used to be, on Mayakovsky Square. The theater was created by a group of Moscow pop artists, led by People's Artist of the RSFSR N.P. Smirnov-Sokolsky. In 1961, the Estrada Theater moved to a new building on Bersenevskaya Embankment. There he is today.
Various groups performed on the stage of the Estrada Theater: the orchestras of Leonid Utesov, Oleg Lundstrem and Eddie Rosner, the Leningrad Theater of Miniatures Arkady Raikin. On the stage of the Estrada Theater, the famous Theater of two actors was born and long existed - Alexander Menaker and Maria Mironova. Here many artists began their solo performances, which later became very popular: Sofia Rotaru, Evgeny Petrosyan, Valery Leontyev, Alexander Serov, Irina Otieva, Sergey Penkin, Oleg Gazmanov, Elena Vaenga, Julian and many others.
Such foreign stars as Marlene Dietrich, Edith Piaf, Salvatore Adamo, Dean Reed, Jacques Brel, Marina Vlady, Charles Aznavour, Pierre Richard, Mireille Mathieu, BB King and many others performed on the stage of the Estrada Theater.
All-Russian and All-Union competitions of variety artists were held at the Variety Theater. It hosted creative and jubilee evenings of composers, artists and creative groups, Mark Bernes and Isabella Yuryev sang, composer Leonid Derbenev performed his music, and Mikhail Zadornov read his humorous works. On the stage of the theater they staged their performances that contributed to the development of pop art Gennady Khazanov, Efim Shifrin, Klara Novikova, Evgeny Petrosyan.
Many productions were attended by many famous and beloved artists: Alisa Freindlikh, Larisa Udovichenko, Oleg Basilashvili, Mikhail Derzhavin, Vitaliy Solomin, Evgenia Simonova, Chulpan Khamatova, Tatyana Vasilyeva, Valery Zolotukhin, Alexander Abdulov, Vladimir Menshov. An international project was implemented at the Estrada Theater - the musical Chicago. Its producers were A. Pugacheva and F. Kirkorov.
The Estrada Theater opened its anniversary fiftieth season in an updated form: the wardrobe and foyer of the theater were re-equipped, a theater cafe was opened, armchairs were replaced in the auditorium, the stage was equipped with modern lighting and video-sound equipment.
Moscow State Variety Theater is a popular theater. Among its viewers, frequent guests are famous people in the country. New performances are constantly being carried out in the theater; it has its own recognizable and unique style.
Add photos to the place
Photo added • 0 views
Share your impressions
I recommend this place to others
You can tell about this place.
Location will be tied to
Add place photo
I recommend this place to others
Description Moscow Children's Theater of Estrada
Moscow Estrada Children's Theater was founded in 1989. In January of the following year, the first Top-Top. First Steps performance was already released. The history of the theater begins in 1984, when for the first time the members of the Detsky Mir group, created by composer Valentin Ovsyannikov, entered the stage of Moscow.
Thanks to the active participation in the life of young actors of the Moscow Children's Fund, the Moscow Peace Foundation and the Moscow State Variety Theater, the Detsky Mir group in 1989 has already turned into the Moscow Children's Variety Theater.
Over the years of its existence, such famous works as the rock opera "Kid", the show "State of the Children", the musical "Fools Live in the World" and "Fun Lessons", the play "The Family is Filmed Against the Background of Pushkin" were performed on the stage of the theater, project "Golden Key".